BBQ Pork on Bun
No Breakfast Menu
Sporting Events for the Next 2 Weeks
Thu, Oct 01: Cross Country, Hannah Pamplico, Hannah Pamplico, 5:00 PM
Fri, Oct 02: Varsity Football, Bye Week, ,
Tue, Oct 06: Cross Country, Marion, Marion, 5:00 PM
Tue, Oct 06: Varsity Volleyball, Mullins (Double Header), Latta, 6:00 PM
Thu, Oct 08: Cross Country, Mullins, Marion, Carvers Bay, Latta, 5:00 PM
Thu, Oct 08: JV Football, McBee, Latta, 6:00 PM
Thu, Oct 08: Varsity Volleyball, Marion, Marion, 6:00 PM
Fri, Oct 09: Varsity Football, Mullins, Mullins, 7:30 PM
Tue, Oct 13: JV Volleyball, Andrews, Andrews, 6:30 PM
Tue, Oct 13: Varsity Volleyball, Andrews, Andrews, 7:30 PM
Welcome to Latta Schools
Word to Know
gynecology (n.) The science that treats of the functions and diseases peculiar to women.
Future Focus Friday Career Activity
Parents, please make sure all Face-to-Face and Virtual students in grades 5K-12 check Google Classroom each
Friday for the 'Future Focus Friday' career activity posted in their Homeroom Future Focus Google Classroom.
Assignments will be posted by 10:00 a.m. each Friday and any items to be turned in will be due the following
Friday. These activities are designed to expose our students to the world of work and help them determine the path toward their intended career! For questions, contact:
Please take the time to view this informative video regarding Future Focus Friday! [Video Link] .
Protocols for Athletic Facilities for Fall Sporting Events
COVID-19 safety protocols for Fall sports can be found at the link below. Inside, you will find information regarding
tickets, concessions, seating capacity, masks, and other general information.
Athletic Event Safety Protocols.
School Operations Update
Return to Normal School Operations Transition Plan
This plan and dates to implement phases are subject to change due to health conditions and SC DHEC guidelines. Parents will be notified 5 days prior to any start of a new phase.
Phase One (Ongoing):
- Hybrid model with students attending Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday with schools phasing in normal routines as possible
- Virtual model continues for grades 4K-12
Phase Two (TBA):
- Hybrid model with all hybrid students attending Monday-Thursday (4 days per week) with normal routines as possible
- Virtual model continues for grades 4k-12
Phase Three (TBA):
- All hybrid students and virtual students attending Monday-Thursday (4 days per week) with normal routines as possible
- Virtual model limited to parent request only for grades 2-12
Phase Four (TBA):
- All students attending Monday-Friday (5 days per week) with normal routines as possible
- Virtual model limited to parent request only for grades 6-12 using the APEX system
Instructional Models for 2020-21
Our schools are posting information about the 'models' of education they will provide so that parents can more clearly understand
what will be expected of students, whether in face-to-face or at-home virtual classes.
School COVID-19 Safety Protocols
Each school has developed a protocol list that will be followed by students, staff and visitors. Please review those protocols below carefully.
In addition to those protocols and procedures, please find below a list of additional safety measures we have provided for the
schools. And while we can not 100% guarantee that we can keep any student from getting sick, we have done everything possible to
make the school environment as safe as we can.
- Daily and nightly cleaning will occur in all classes using products that deter COVID-19.
- Installation of all HVAC units with fresh air controls and static cleaning of air intakes has been completed.
- Social distancing at all times in the buildings and buses will be enforced.
- Provision of student masks, disinfectant wipes, student face shields, teacher face shields, sanitizer dispensers, student gloves,
digital no-touch thermometers, social distance signage, "mask when you move" rules and student desk shields or face shields in all classes
as well as similar measures on our buses has been delivered.
Please contact your school if you have any concerns or suggestions.
S.C. DHEC Guidance for School Reponse to COVID-19
Interim COVID-19 guidance for schools: Management of suspect and confirmed COVID-19 cases.
This guidance is intended for schools to plan their response to known or possible cases of COVID-19 as well as known contacts.
This is based on what is currently known about COVID-19 and will be updated as more information and guidance become available.
The entire document is available at the link below:
SCDHEC COVID Repsonse Guidance. (PDF Document Link)
COVID-19 In Schools: Frequently Asked Questions. (PDF Document Link)
Official School News
Please be advised that all official announcements regarding school matters are posted at school
websites and are sent to you through our ALERT system. Any school matters posted through social
media are not official or authorized by the school system and may be incorrect.
Free Breakfast and Lunch for all Students
Free breakfast and lunch for all students will be provided until December 31, 2020, per the USDA.
Free Breakfast and Lunch for Virtual Students
We will begin feeding our virtual students Monday through Thursday for the next few weeks. Lunch and breakfast may be picked up at the following sites and times
in the parking area at:
- Latta Arms at 11:00
- South Side Apartments at 11:30
- Henry St. Park at 12:00
- Oak Grove Fire Department at 11:15
- Sellers New Mount Zion Church at 12:00