Sporting Events for the Next 2 Weeks
Tue, Oct 04: JV Volleyball, Green Sea Floyds, at Latta HS, 5:00
Tue, Oct 04: Cross Country, TBD, at Green Sea Floyds HS, 5:30
Tue, Oct 04: Varsity Volleyball, Green Sea Floyds, at Latta HS, 6:30
Thu, Oct 06: JV Volleyball, BYE WEEK, - , -
Thu, Oct 06: Varsity Volleyball, BYE WEEK, - , -
Thu, Oct 06: Cross Country, TBD, at Latta HS, 5:30
Thu, Oct 06: JV Football, Hannah-Pamplico, at Latta HS, 6:00
Fri, Oct 07: Varsity Football, Hannah-Pamplico, at Hannah-Pamplico HS, 7:30
Sat, Oct 08: Swimming, 3A State Meet, TBD, TBD
Wed, Oct 12: JV Volleyball, Lamar, at Latta HS, 5:00
Wed, Oct 12: Varsity Volleyball, Lamar, at Latta HS, 6:30
Thu, Oct 13: JV Volleyball, Loris, at Latta HS, 5:00
Thu, Oct 13: Cross Country, TBD, at Carvers Bay HS, 5:30
Thu, Oct 13: JV Football, Lake View, at Latta HS, 6:00
Thu, Oct 13: Varsity Volleyball, Loris, at Latta HS, 6:30
Fri, Oct 14: Varsity Football, Lake View, at Lake View HS, 7:30
Welcome to Latta Schools
Word to Know
guzzle (v.) To swallow greedily or hastily; gulp.
E-Learning Day on Friday
Dillon County School District Three has designated Friday, September 30, as an e-learning
day for all students due to the potential for severe weather as the result of Hurricane Ian.
District employees will work from home on September 30. Supervisors will coordinate work assignments for their departments.
Student, Teacher, and Parent Expectations Regarding eLearning Days:
- Students in grades K-8 should plan for 5.5 hours of work time.
- Student in grades 9-12 should plan for 6 hours of work time.
- Assignments are required to be turned in no later than Tuesday, October 4. Each student who turns in assignments by the
deadline will be marked present for September 30.
- Parents are expected to read the information sent home. Students will have access to the appropriate assignments.
- Teachers will be available to students and parents during school day hours.
- Teachers will have their email open in order to respond in a timely manner.
- Students receiving assignments through Google Classroom can also contact teachers through Google Classroom.
2022-23 Latta Schools Student Handbooks
A PDF copy of the 2022-23 Student Handbook for each of our three schools can be downloaded or viewed at the link below:
2022-23 LES Student Handbook (PDF)
2022-23 LMS Student Handbook (PDF)
2022-23 LHS Student Handbook (PDF)
2nd Grade State Testing Schedule
All 2nd grade students will participate in state testing October 10-14.
Testing will begin at 8:30 and is not timed, but should last approximately
one hour each day. A letter explaining the assessments will be provided.
Please make sure your child is at school on time and has had a good breakfast
on testing days. The assessments are scheduled as follows:
- Monday, Oct. 10 - CogAT Verbal Assessment
- Tuesday, Oct. 11 - CogAT Quantitative Assessment
- Wednesday, Oct. 12 - CogAT Nonverbal Assessment
- Thursday, Oct. 13 - Iowa Reading Assessment
- Friday, Oct. 14 - Iowa Math Assessment
Leigh Darby Sloan
Latta Elementary School Counselor
Latta Schools District Career Coordinator
2022-23 Teachers of the Year
Latta School District